Our first week of RV life is complete and overall I would say it was a success! We brought too much. We purged. We put stuff away. Realized it was too much and purged again. And I think there is still more to let go. We are learning to work with the propain furnace, wooops used a tank in 24 hours. We brought in an oil heater to supplement. We shrink wrapped some windows. Most of the camper has an insulated sub floor, which is great for keeping toes warm, but those other spots need reinforced with rugs, thank you Amazon! There are drafts, but dont worry family, we are nice and toasty! Cooking is going well enough. I am a stove top cooker and it as taken me some window opening and fans to figure out how not to set the smoke detector off, but the family has been eating well. The oven, I haven't been as successful with. It smelled funny, so I turned it off. It turns our there is...
When we moved to New Mexico I didn't know what to expect from the environment. I had been to Colorado, Northern California, Oregon, and all over the east coast. I studied environmental biology extensivly in college. However none of that prepared me for the vastness that greeted me as we drove through the state for the first time. I remember my excitement when we finally made it to New Mexico. Then the shock that grew after hours and hours and hours of driving through the great southwest. Vast evolved a new definition. It took me almost two full cycle of seasons to get used to the landscape and the landscaping of Albuquerque. Growing up where there were so many shades of green, made it hard for me to see the depth of colors, the complexity of life, and the beauty of the high desert. However nearly 6 years later, my appreciation and enjoyment of the ecology has dramatically changed. When we started exploring pr...
Comments
Post a Comment